101 Build Deeper Strategic Partnerships with Business Leaders
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM ET
Monday, November 7
Room: Yucatan 2/3
Learning practitioners must partner with business leaders to align with business goals and strategies; this is the key to delivering learning and development (L&D) solutions that provide measurable benefit to their organizations. Too often, L&D functions are viewed only as solution providers, not strategic partners who can help organizations achieve their business goals.
This session provides a model, tools, and examples to help practitioners and learning leaders build or deepen sustained relationships with internal or external clients. Such relationships enable practitioners to shift the focus of their work from solutions to results.
In this interactive session, participants will gain:
- A mental model that successful performance consultants use to work strategically
- Practical techniques for building access, credibility, and trust with business leaders
- A tool to evaluate their current client relationships and plan immediate actions for growth
You will learn:
- How to differentiate tactical and strategic work
- How to use logic to align business, performance, organizational, and individual capability needs
- Techniques proven to gain access, demonstrate credibility, and build trust with business leaders
Performance Change Strategies
Chris Adams, PhD is a consultant and designer with over 25 years’ experience helping learning professionals focus on business results. He frequently writes and speaks on the topic of performance consulting and has facilitated sessions at regional and international conferences such as Training Magazine, ATD, and THE Performance Improvement Conference. Chris co-authored the 2019 TD@Work: Focus First on Results. Chris holds a doctorate in instructional design and technology from Old Dominion University and is principal consultant for Performance Change Strategies.