812 Building Empathy into Learning Experiences
3:15 PM - 4:15 PM ET
Tuesday, November 8
Room: Monterey 2/3
More than two years after remote work and hybrid jobs became widespread, there’s still a stark divide over how it’s going. According to a recent Microsoft survey, about 85% of managers worry they can’t tell if employees are getting enough done while 87% of workers say their productivity is just fine. Productivity isn’t just about how much time you spend on a task. It’s also about how much value you can add to your company. And this is where managers and employees often have different expectations.
In this session Sean Gilligan will showcase the latest case studies from social podcasting and massive open online conversations, new approaches with hybrid work 2.0, and how live, cohort-based learning can be added to your learning experiences.
In this session you will learn:
- How to get started with podcasting with zero barriers to entry
- How to use video for both asynchronous communication and live video experiences for maximizing learner engagement
- How to create live learning experiences, from virtual coffee employee gatherings to virtual career fairs
- How to overcome Zoom fatigue and the constant need for zero inbox with different approaches
- How to do daily briefs to drive transparency in your organization
- How to flip your management meetings with pre-watches to save time and drive engagement
Founder & CEO
Sean Gilligan founded Webanywhere in 2003. Webanywhere is a leading provider of LMS solutions to Fortune 500 companies. In 2016 Ventures Anywhere, Sean’s innovation lab focused on L&D, was born. Sean is experienced in taking initial concepts to market through relentless execution in both product management and multi-channel marketing. He has built a strong management team around him to expand and drive Webanywhere forward in the USA, UK, and Poland. Sean runs several podcasts including SeanInTheShed and Learning Summit. He was ranked 68 in the Top 100 eLearning movers and shakers list.