106 How to Create an Engaging Game-Based Training Experience
9:45 AM - 10:45 AM ET
Tuesday, December 5
Is your L&D team looking for an effective way to keep the audience engaged and motivated during training sessions? Game-based training is the perfect solution! Including game-based training in your training strategy enables you to create an immersive and interactive experience that will help your audience retain the information they learn and stay engaged throughout the training.
In this session we’ll share how we created a game-based interpersonal communication training experience for Microsoft support engineers.
In this session you will learn how to:
- Collaborate creatively and effectively with team members
- Storyboard for storytelling and branched scenario while implementing game mechanics and motivators
- Utilize design and development tools to create an engaging experience
- Implement game mechanics and motivators
- You’ll also get the chance to ask questions and gain insight from our experience in creating game-based training experiences
Learning and Development Consultant
Shonda Hodge has 20+ years professional experience in the IT industry, including needs assessment, content development, instructional design, facilitation, program evaluation, process improvement, operational effectiveness, and project management. She also has a master’s degree in training and development.
CEO | Sr. Learning Experience Designer
Mallori Steele is an L&D leader wearing many hats; she is the CEO of Growductive Consulting, the founder of Black in L&D, and certified in gamification and Prosci. She strongly believes in the power of community and collaboration. She has a passion for helping people reach their full potential and has a unique skill set that allows her to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life.