- Do I have to provide session materials?
- Concurrent events: What kind of session materials can I submit?
- Co-located events: What kind of session materials can I submit?
- Can I include promotional content in my presentation and/or materials?
- What kind of presentation deck should I submit?
- How should I format my materials?
- How should I name my files?
- How do I submit my session materials?
Do I have to provide session materials?
Session slide decks and/or resources can do a lot to help deepen the attendee experience. They’re also something attendees regularly request during and after the event. While it’s not mandatory to submit session materials, if you’re able to share them we strongly encourage it. Please email them to programs@LearningGuild.com by November 10.
Concurrent events: What kind of session materials can I submit?
The materials you submit should either share content from your session and/or enhance the topic further. Your materials can include:
- Your slide deck
- Resource lists
- Job aids
- Cheat sheets
We recommend including your contact information in your materials and at the end of your presentation deck.
Note: Session materials will be available to attendees digitally on the event resource page and will not be printed. Presentation files that are in PDF format will also be available in the event app.
Co-located events: What kinds of session materials can I submit?
Much like conference sessions, materials for co-located events should share the content from your session and/or enhance it. These materials are printed and given to attendees at the start of the day, so you may wish to think about what you submit as more of a single workbook than a number of separate files. Consider what resources you include and what order you include them in to provide the most context and value to attendees.
NOTE: Materials for co-located events will be printed. They will not be made available on the event resource page or the event app.
Can I include promotional content in my presentation and/or materials?
Please do not include promotional content in your presentation slide deck and/or resources. Examples of promotional content include large company logos/branding on each slide or in-depth marketing content about the products/services your company offers.
If you’re unsure if something would be considered promotional content, please reach out to programs@LearningGuild.com.
What kind of presentation deck should I submit?
There’s no one “right” kind of presentation deck. However, we do encourage you to go beyond bullet points. Keep your presentation materials sleek, to the point, and visually engaging. We also encourage you to think beyond your presentation materials and consider other ways you can engage your audience and enhance the learning experience.
While not required, an event PowerPoint template is available for you to use for your presentation. This template includes a branded event title slide and transitional slide.
If you choose not to use this template, we do request that you insert the template title slide into the beginning of your slide deck when submitting your session materials.
Note: The resolution of our projector screens will be 1024×768.
How should I format my materials?
Please submit your presentation deck as a PowerPoint or PDF file. Before submitting, we recommend checking your presentation deck for readability and spelling/grammar errors. As we will be converting PowerPoint files to PDF, also ensure that animated slides do not have unintended overlapping text or graphics.
All other session materials can be sent as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, or PDF files. We will add an event cover page to all session materials.
Note: The file size for your session materials should not exceed 10MB. If one or more of your files is larger than 10MB, you will need to host the file elsewhere and create a link to provide participants. This link should be submitted to us in a Word document or PowerPoint slide.
How should I name my files?
Our naming convention is as follows: L23_###_LAST NAME_type-of-resource
L23 = the code for Learning 2023
### = your session number (such as 401)
LAST NAME = the last name of the presenter(s)
Type-of-resource= what the file is (presentation, resources, exercise, etc.)
- The slide deck for Session 999 presented by speaker Smith.
- The slide deck for Session 999 presented by speakers Jones and Smith.
- Two files for Session 999 presented by speaker Smith: the presentation file and a supplemental resources file.
How do I submit my session materials?
- If you would like your concurrent session materials to be available during the event, on the event resources page, and in the mobile app, we must receive them by November 10, 2023.
- Please submit only final files. All materials should be emailed to programs@LearningGuild.com
- We will process and post materials received after the deadline, but we may not complete this until after the conference.