311 Build versus Buy: Real-life Success Stories from the Fortune 100
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM ET
Tuesday, December 5
Addressing the challenges of 2024, we’ll explore how organizations navigate tightening labor market restrictions, evolving technology landscapes, and shortages of skilled labor. Discover innovative strategies to staff key positions amidst a shortage of applicants adept in rapidly changing technologies. We’ll uncover practical approaches to leverage limited budgets while maximizing the potential of internal high performers, enabling them to excel in critical roles that drive business impact. With insights from Axcel Learning’s Industry-leading learning solutions providers like ExitCertified, Web Age Solutions, and Accelebrate, this session promises to equip you with actionable solutions for the dynamic landscape of learning and development. Don’t miss this opportunity to stay ahead of the curve and advance your organization’s learning strategies!
This highly anticipated presentation will not only address the challenges faced by organizations but also provide practical solutions to empower attendees to overcome these hurdles in their own learning and development initiatives. The session will begin by diving into the significance of the “Build versus Buy” debate in attracting and promoting talent. Through four compelling success stories from Fortune 100 clients, we will showcase real-world examples where a build model was implemented to upskill or reskill existing employees, effectively addressing identified challenges in their respective organizations. Here’s a sneak peek into the case studies we will explore:
- Case Study 1: Onboarding – closing the gap between a college education and the realities of the workforce
- Case Study 2: Building a diverse pipeline- identifying and reskilling non-traditional talent sources
- Case Study 3: Combatting attrition by creating upward mobility for high-performers
- Case Study 4: Upskilling high performers for hard-to-hire for positions (build); recruiting to backfill easier-to-fill positions (buy)
- Strategies to navigate a tightening labor market
- How to allocate budgets effectively, and leverage changing technology
- Innovative approaches to upskill employees. How to maximize internal high performers and create dynamic career paths
- Real-life success stories that will inspire actionable solutions to attract talent, combat attrition, and optimize hiring practices
Web Age Solutions
Lisa Cueva is a highly accomplished learning architect at Web Age Solutions, with over 24 years of experience in adult education, technology, and IT training. With specialized expertise in the finance and insurance sector, Lisa has excelled in various roles including instructor, client liaison, and program manager. Her deep understanding of client requirements enables her to deliver tailored and effective knowledge transfer engagements for key clients in industries such as financial services, insurance, and telecommunications.